Thursday, December 15, 2011

Out of the mouth of babes

So, My baby girl Jaree and I were having a conversation about Christmas? And she said, "do you ever think Jesus gets angry because people have made both his holidays about something else?" I asked her what she meant and she said "Well Christmas is the day that Jesus Christ was born, and they make it all about SANTA AND PRESENTS.. Then Easter is day that Jesus rose from the dead, but they made it all about the Easter Bunny, Easter baskets, and Easter Egg Hunts, if I was Jesus, i would be mad, because all of the attention was not on him, when it should be"


I STOOD THERE with my MOUTH HANGING WIDE OPEN! My daughter is 12, this is really the first year that she doesn't believe in Santa! My kids believed in Santa, but knew all about Jesus and the reason for the season.

But, I sat there and I thought about IT.....she was so RIGHT! and on POINT!

FURTHER MORE....My cousin made this post on Facebook today:
Santa comes but once a year Santa fills your stockings with goodies Santa comes down your chimney uninvited then enters your heart. You have to stand in line to see Santa name. Santa lets you sit on his lap
Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, What's your name?" Not only does Jesus know our name, H
e knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads. Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly All Santa can offer is HO HO HO Santa says "You better not cry" JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you. Santa's little helpers make toys, WHILE JESUS Repairs broken homes and builds mansions. Remember why we truly celebrate Christmas!

I would like to add to that:
Santa may make you chuckle and fill your tree with gifts, but Jesus gave us the GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE, MERCY, AND GOOD GRACES.

SANTA rides a sleight, Jesus walks on water! He
knows our names, he's always with us, he's our healing , help and hope so much more then fake that comes only once a year!



It's obvious there is really no comparison. We need to remember WHO and WHAT Christmas is all about. We need to put Christ back in Christmas!


Darn shame, they want to call CHRISTmas trees....HOLIDAY TREES
CHRISTmas Parties.........HOLIDAY PARTIES...
They want to separate Jesus from everything, BUT NOT IN THE BROOKS HOUSEHOLD, we know the reason for the Season and IT'S JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!

I AM NOT ONE TO PUSH MY PERSONAL BELIEFS on anyone else, if you practice some other type of faith, no offense to you! But, I don't apologize for PRAISING GOD! Not now, not ever! I never want to hear these words on Judgment day "Depart from thee, I never knew you"

With that being said,
have a safe and wonderful CHRISTmas!




No comments: