Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Busy, Busy, fun, fun week

Somebody pinch me....
This week was such a whirl wind of good visits, good food, good fun...

I had a blast!
My dh's cousins came up from Minnesota (UNEXPECTABLY) and I had 3 adults and 6 extra children in the house ages 14,12,6,5,4,and 2. My head was spinning, but we had a good time. Sunday we all went out to TGIF's and took Austin, dh's new husband on a tour of downtown and Navy Pier. MOnday, we went to 3 bbq's. I ate myself into an oblivion, I don't even want to look at any food. I had beef ribs, baby back ribs, burbon chicken,fried catfish, deep fried turkey, shrimp kaboobs, baked beans, potato salad, spaghetti, greens, peach cobbler and carmel cake. I even snuck a few watermelon martini's in..... I also had my favorite, green apples with cream cheese and fluff.......tooooooooooooooooo goood!

After all that bad eating....LOL Today I took a walk around the neighborhood. Ate a salad and am just chillin'!

My guests have all gone this morning, early this morning, on their 14 hour drive back to Black Duck, Minnesota.

Today, I am just as lost as can be.... No more Idol! What will I be watching from 7-8? LOL

Gotta go get the kids soon, and I really need to tidy up...will post more later...

dana

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

lol, glad you had a good weekend!

Lynn said...

Dana, it sounds like you had a terrific weekend. That is so nice. I can't believe all the food! I haven't heard fried catfish in ages! My mom used to make it the best. wow bringing back memories. Enjoy your relaxing moments while you can.

Bonita Rose said...

hey gf, it sounds like u had a great time, I'm happy for ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana,

My name is Dana, too. I'm a libra too! I *heart* scrapbooking too! I'm Black too! I found you thru just em's blog . . . check mine out if you care to--I had to holler at you b/c of the above. :)

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

WOW! You had a great weekend! I feel just like you, I'm going through t.v. withdrawal without Idol to watch.