Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life before internet

One of the blog challenges on yesterday was: What did you do before internet.

Awesome challenge..

I came to the conclusion that everything I did before internet, I still enjoy doing now..

One thing that I don't do as much is handwritten letters, because of email. I used to write friends and family all the time. I still do, but not nearly as much!

I still enjoy going to the library ....
I still will look up things in Encyclopedias and books...
I make my children do this too...
The internet is too easy, so I challenge them to look things up the old fashioned way as well as using the internet...

An example of that, would be, Jariel had to do a report on the Komodo Dragon. I allowed internet, but I still made him use 3 more sources for his research.

I do think that things have become less personal since the internet..

We have become a "click of the button" society.

I enjoyed life before internet..

I listened to the radio, played video games, enjoyed playing outside, I had pen pals, watched televison, enjoyed going to the movies, and I still do all of that now...

The internet has made things less complex..
If I miss a televison show, I can watch it online, don't have to wait for reruns....LOL

If I need to find an address or how to get some where, I can mapquest. even though I have gps on my cell phone.....

I can find out the latest news, without waiting to watch the news..

It has it's perks, but it has not stopped me from doing anything that I normally would have been doing otherwise...

Until next time

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

So freaking silly lol

Bonita Rose said...

I agree with u re the internet.. it makes our lives easier, but we don't take the time for other more simpler things anymore...