Thursday, January 26, 2006

Are you comfortable in the skin you are in? Food for thought

This is such a catch phrase, heard in commercials and seen in ads all across the globe, that poses an excellent questioon. Are you truly comforatble with yourself. I would like to think I am . From birth, my mom always taught me that you should always be yourself, but be the very best that you can be. Never let anyone or anything define you! I think that has stuck with me to some point. I have developed a thick skin for criticisms and open mind to constructive criticisms.

I have always been myself. I am proud of who I am. When I look in the mirror I like what I see staring back at me, but there are those days of self doubt and self pity. There are those days when I wish I could shed a few pounds, there are those things that I think my skin isn't looking its best, there are those days I wished I could be more successful in life, there are those days I doubt myself as being a good wife, mother, or overall GOOD PERSON.

There are days that I look back and wish I could change the past! So if you really think about it is there anyone that is really comfortable with themselves. I mean if I truly thought I was perfect, I would never grow. My life would become stagnant, stuck in a time warp. I would never learn from my mistakes....

Overall, I do think that I am a good friend, a good wife, a good mother, a good daughter, a good sister, a good aunt, A GOOD PERSON.... I am a very loving, caring, and understanding person. I continue growing as a individual everyday. AS my brother says "It gets greater later...

Until next time
Dana

No comments: