Monday, December 17, 2007

After a very long and sad week....

.......DANA IS READY TO PARTY!!!!!!

This week was so EMOTIONALLY DRAINING. We laid our dear sweet uncle Marion Odell Pleas to rest on Saturday. I am so drained! My surrogate baby little Marion, took it soooo hard! Oh my God, at one point I thought we were going to have to call the ambulance. He's only 19 years old, and his biological mother died when he was almost 3. She died in childbirth, along with his sister. His father was never a part of his life much before she died and THEN NOT AT ALL, after she died. So my uncle Marion and my aunt Plump adopted him. So, basically, this is the only FATHER little Marion has known, HIS GRANDFATHER/FATHER. So he is clinging to his GRANDMOTHER, my aunt Virgie, who is already in her 2nd stage of Dementia. He kept saying I love my grandparents so much! He broke EVERYBODY down, including the FUNERAL DIRECTORS, who have seen COUNTLESS funerals. It took us forever to leave the mausoleum, because he just layed across, my uncles casket and cried and sobbed. We finally, had to just remove him! I was just getting over the stomach flu and still woozy, so this just about did me in....LOL

I was sick as 5 dogs and 10 cats, Thursday and Friday. Saturday, I had only got 3 hours of rest, because I was up throwing up my gutts. The funeral was at 9 in the morning. I still had to get up, get 3 kids ready, and do Jaree's hair. I just pulled my hair back in a pony tail. It was no way, I was trying to curl my hair. I just wet and pulled it back in a pony tail and just wore it wavvy. Something I hate to do. I was so sick and all of that crying, just sent me into a massive migraine. I hardly ate anything at the repast, and was sooooo weak. I got to my aunts house and laid in bed and took a nap. All of a sudden, I felt someone lay in bed with me, (now I am one of the scariest people in the world! I was scared to open my eyes, because after all it was my uncle and my aunt's bed, finally, I opened one eye, and it was little Marion, he layed on me and went to sleep too!) He has always been my baby. I took care of him at a very young age. He is my surrogate son after all! I love him so much! I love him just as much as my own children. He knows it too! My kids don't even say that he is their cousin, they say that he is their BIG BROTHER, and they all rallied around Marion, kissing and taking care of him.

I thank God, that we have such a close and supportive family, because we got through it together.

Now, I am ready to go out and shake a tail feather, and get my grown and sexy on....LOL.

I am like my dad......I NEED A DRANK! not a drink, but a DRANK! lol

Wednesday, all the girls are going to get together at my cousin's house for drinks and movies. Just the girl. I have 19 cousins, that are all my age, and we always get together and act a fool!!! Even after we left the funeral, my cousin Tonya, had us in stitches, because she can act just like Tina Turner. So we were re-inacting part of the Movie "What's love gotta do with it", and we did "Proud Mary", I thought my aunt Plump was going to bust a vessel, she was laughing so hard, but she NEEDED that. We can find humor in anything!

I would like to thank you all for all your well wishes and prayers. Some might say, that it is over, but it's really just the beginning......

Today, I am just going to relax!!!!! I had 10 children at my house, Saturday and Sunday. My nerves are frazzled! I am going to kick back and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! and enjoy it!

Until next time....

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Glad you are doing better girl!!!!! Enjoy your day off!