Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....


.....Just like the one's I used to know.

What is the perfect Christmas to you?

For me, it is not about the gifts? It's not about receiving anything.

Christmas is not just a day for me, It's a feeling!
It is truly the happiest time of the year for me...

I really get into Christmas! Decorating, cooking, baking, ginger bread houses, I love it.

What would be my Perfect Christmas?


Snow on the ground, you know the really white snow that glistens...
Singing Christmas carols with my family
Going to my mom's on Christmas Eve, which is a HUGE family tradition, for egg nog coloda's, hot cocoa for the kids with tons of marshmellows, having my mom read "THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS" to the kids, and being able to open one gift, which is always BRAND NEW PJ'S, to be worn to bed on Christmas Eve. My siblings and I always head to my parent's for this..

Baking cookies for Santa.....
Making all different kinds of cookies, chocolate chip, peppermint, butter, sugar, and oatmeal and raisin. Making really good fudge! Making all different assortments of rice crispy treats and cornflake treats!

Watching the Christmas story over and over on Tnt! Priceless.

Being around my family...

The look on my children's face on Christmas morning...

All the thank you's and kisses I receive from the kids......"Thank you mommy and daddy, a gazillion times...

Going out at night to throw reindeer dust so that Santa can find his way to our house.

Being blessed to still have both of my parents...Who are healthy and so full of life! I thank God for that!

Still having CHILDREN, in my household, who I can play Santa for. Our children are only children for a short while, before they are all grown up and that is so scary for me. My oldest child is 15 years ...... They grow up so fast! Jaree is the only child that still believes in SAnta! I probably have another year or two, before that is over..... So that makes me sad.

Believe or not, I love the hustle and bustle of shopping. The thrill of the hunt. Running all around to find that perfect toy, for me this year, it was that darn blasted Baby Alive doll in African American. Hello, toy companies, African American people do exist, can you send more ethnic dolls to Wal-mart.....LOL

I love gathering all the kids up and driving for hours to look at all the cool Christmas decorations...

Keeping my radio on 93.9, listening to all the cool Christmas carols...
My favorite Christmas carol is :This Christmas, by Donny Hathaway....Chris Brown just remade it. While, I love his version too, I love the original.


Then on Christmas day, IT'S ALL OVER! so quick! Sometimes, I get a little sad.


One of my fondest memories of Christmas, was the year I got my CABBAGE PATCH TWINS, oh my God! That was the best Christmas. My mom had her friend build me a crib and dresser, and the dresser was full of clothes and diapers, and crib, had a musical mobile. I was too excited. It was also the year, I got my puppy Dutchess! I got so many other things, because my mom always WENT ALL OUT for Christmas, but I remember that day, because I woke everyone up at 4am, to come look what Santa had brought. My grandmother, really made a big deal out of those twins. She played with me all morning! She always made me feel so special, and that EVERY WORD I said was IMPORTANT. I remember getting into so much trouble too, because Dutchess kept crying, and I put her in my bed and she took a huge dump right in the middle of my floor.....LOL She was only a baby... I sometimes, wish I could go back to that time. Come to think of it, all of my Christmas' as a child were SPECIAL. There was not one, that I can think of that was disappointing. But even as a child, it was not the gifts. It was being around my FAMILY. Fellowship! Sure, I was so excited, anticipating what Santa would bring me that year, but I can honestly say, my fondest memories, were not the THINGS I RECIEVED....BUT THE MOMENTS....

the moments I had with my Grandmother who is gone on to glory...
going to visit my Aunt Plump (no that is not her real name it's Virgie, but that is her nickname) and having my older cousin Darcel play dolls with me, she is now dead.... watching my uncle and aunt get toasted and dance the bop together , now they are gone, laughing at my uncle James, who could not drive to save his life, almost hit our dog, each year, because he was doing 100 up the drive way, now he's gone, laughing at my uncle Roger, who would get so sloppy drunk, that he would say every thing in three's "Hello, Hello, Hello" How you doing, How you doing, How you doing", then he would go outside and slip on the ice and lay there, like nothing happened.....priceless! Sneaking into the champagne with my favorite cousin SEan, who was murdered back in 1991. Laughing at my uncle Bill and my dad, as they argue over topics that didn't even MATTER, then laughing because my uncle Freddy D would agree with both of them, "Wendell (my dad), you right, you right".....Buster (my uncle Bill) you got a point there", Now we all know they both can't be right. Watching my uncle CArl, snooping around to see if any one's watching and then sneak a sip of his Martel.....my aunt Josie didn't like for him to drink....listening to my uncle Marion talk plenty of CRAP when he's winning a game of Bid Whist, slapping his cards on the table, he just died on 7th.


While those are moments that I will never get back, they are MEMORIES THAT I WILL CHERISH FOREVER.....

Better than any gift I could ever receive...

If I can say something to touch you today...

Know that life is not about THINGS.... Life is about the MOMENTS...

LIFE IS SHORT, LOVE ONE ANOTHER, LEAVE THE PAST IN THE PAST, AND ENJOY THE MOMENT....

Have a safe and Merry Christmas....

I probably will be super busy over the next couple of days, so I don't know that I will be blogging much after today, but I just wanted to say to my blogging sistah's

I love ya!!!!!!

Until next time



5 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Absolutely! THAT is Christmas. We remember and smile on those moments long after we stop playing with the toys. Thanks for sharing a lovely post. Wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas Day full of wonderful memories that you all will cherish!

Adrienne said...

Girl you said it right there!

Sherry said...

Awesome! I love Christmas, being with the family...what a great post!! I love what you said, it means so much, I don't remember "what" I got for Christmas past, but I remember where I was and who was there... that's what is important.

TFS!

toners said...

What a great post :) You said it all so well!

Bonita Rose said...

great post Dana... Love you so much too! hugs