Friday, May 16, 2008

TGIF!!

Today is Friday and by now you know that means.....

OLD SKOOL FRIDAY BABY!!!

When I was younger my aunt Mae owned a tavern, and on Saturday, she would host KIDDIE DISCO....

My cousin Darcel's boyfriend was the DJ, and he was quite fond of me as a little girl...

So, I would always go up to him and request my favorite songs...and he would stop whatever he was playing to play whatever I wanted...

Everyone caught on and soon they start to send me upstairs to the dj booth to request their songs too!!!

Needless to say this song was on HEAVY ROTATION by me...

I loved this song...
Along with: Another one bites the dust, The Double Dutch Bus, and Jamaica Funk by Chakka Khan......

I love music and I swear its a time machine vessell because this song just took me to the 80's .....

When a pony tail to the side was considered sexy.....
and when I wanted to do it "BIG" ... I would have my mom put shirly temple curls in the ponytail and have some of my extremly long hair down in the back....

I thought I was a DIVA....

With my Pierre Cardin pale pink courderoys that fit just right
and my pink v neck cashmere sweater...
My pink cowgirl boots.....
I thought I was something....

I was 7.....

LOL

I miss those days...
My aunt passed away shortly after that of a massive heart attack..

I was devastated! She was my very favorite aunt!!!

Kiddie disco will be REMEMBERED for years to come, it was our Saturday morning treat....

For years....
I think it started when I was 2 and until she died when I was 9 years old...

That was my stroll down memory lane.....

Today, not much planned...
I have KILLA CRAMPS.....

So that means hot tea and laying in bed ....
No club for me today....

Not feeling too hot!!!!!

I am going to attempt to finish cleaning my scrap room, I have been organizing, purging, adding news stuff and it's a mess. My expedit is officially and totally FULL.....at capacity....
Now I have to get some more storage...and a scrapbook table. Still don't have one....I want something that is going to LOOK GOOD....but different......

I bought some more stuff from Target....
Mostly making memories stuff.....

Did I ever tell you how much I love Making Memories?????
Always have!!!

They had some cute Garden party paper and embellishments that I didn't see, so picked that up...
got some cute flower Marcella by K stickers...Some travel tags by MM and some simply shabby chic embellishment kit....it was on clearance and had the cutest little butterflies in it....

It is always "one" item in a kit that will make me buy the whole entire thing....and I have no shame in telling you it is usually the one thing that I will use and the rest gets rak'd or given to Jaree.
Who has a massive scrapbook selection.

I did get my orders in from etsy, just some cutesy tags, that I just learned I can do MYSELF in photoshop.....thanks for the tip Adrienne....

I spent 60 dollars on some really cute items mostly journaling tags and low and behold I found I can make these things on my own...

That is the power of scrappers coming together...
I saved future money from that one conversation....

I was kind of upset, but then what I bought was absolutely beautiful and now I take it as a learning experience....

Well, I gotta go.
I feel like climbing up the walls right now, because of the %^$$$#@##% cramps!!!

Until next time

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

You lost me on this one! LOL
Feel better soon!!!!

Bonita Rose said...

hey gf... neat about the tags.. I don't have photoshop but I wud love to learn how to make my own as well.. shoot me an email and tell me all about it.. and hey if u wanna send me some of your own creations.. I'd love to see some! hugs.. did u get my new addr postcard??
hugs