Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Todays ramblings....

a night of excitement, anticipation and drama!!!!
Congrats to Kristi Yamaguchi for her win on Dancing with the Stars.  She deserved it! Even though Mario was my favorite!  Congrats anyways..... I am a happy a girl finally won though!!!

And the Bad Girls club reunion show came on yesterday and it was full of DRAMA!!!  I was so upset.  Star Jones was the host.  I mean Star Jones ..... Is that what you RESORT TOO...I couldn't believe it.  She is so much bigger than that....But anyways, I was hoping Tanesha would "pop off" and whoop Lyrics NATURAL ASS.  I can't believe how she turned on Tannesha like that.....  And was Genevecia HIGH or what?

Anyway this is my Guilty Pleasure!!!  I love the Bad Girls club!!!

Yesterday I cooked dinner early...
I was still sick, so I knew I would run out of gas as the day went on...
I cooked short ribs, mash potatoes and gravy, and string beans....
I napped...
woke up and watched the Dancing with the Stars Finale and then the Bad Girls Club Reunion.

Baptiste worked afternoons and didn't get off until 11:30pm...
We talked a bit and went to bed around 12:30...

Got the kids up for school....
This is Bee's last week of school
And then Jariel and Jaree's last day is the 30th...

I can hardly believe it!!!
School is almost out for summer...

Which means fun, fun, fun in the Brooks Household...

On our agenda for this year
Tons of lazy days at the beach
Wisconsin Dells for 4 days
Six Flags Great America
Indiana Dunes
Deep River Water Park, in Indiana
The Taste of Chicago
The Brookfield Zoo
The Field Museum
The Museum of Science and Industry
Picnic in Millenium Park
Navy Pier Boat Ride...
and trip to Memphis and Minnesota to visit family
and one special trip to visit a certain someone in Alabama...hmmm wonder who that could be...LOL

We always have the kids make a list of 10 places they want to go and we try to do atleast half of their lists!

We are going to Disney next year for Spring Break, so we couldn't do an extravagant trip this year, because we are saving all of our nickels and pennies for Disney World.....LOL

The great part is we do not have to pay for hotel and lodging.....we will stay with my uncle who lives 35 minutes from Disney for 7 fun filled days.....

The kids are excited....

Dh and I are going on a cruise in January celebrating our 10 year anniversary this August...

I can't wait for that...
this will be my 3rd cruise and his second ......So he is excited!!

We are doing a 5 day.....I wanted to do 7, but dh got sick last time, so he said 5 is sufficient!!!

so many fun things planned!

I want to do a Mexican Cruise as I have been to the Bahammas, Caymen Islands, Puerto Rico, St Thomas, St. Croix, St. John.....

I have never been to Mexico, so I would love to go...

Although I heard Hawaii is the bomb!! But I can't afford Hawaii, right now....LOL
I was just thinking of places I would like to visit before I leave this earth....

The Holy Land when its safe...
Paris
Italy
Africa (not the whole continent ...but you know what I mean)
Greece
Barbados
The Grand Canyon
Niagara Falls (again to take the children)
California (I went but to small to remember)
Las Vegas
Virginia Beach (again with kids, so beautiful)
Amsterdam (cousin lived there and loved it)

That's just a few....

what are some of the places you would like to visit, that you have never been to???

That is an interesting topic...

On the agenda today...
Just relaxation
Thank God, the house is clean....kids have been little angels, picking up around the house.  They know I wouldn't be able to rest with it a mess....Even when I am sick, I will clean the house.  I can't stand filth.....LOL  I know I may be a little anal, but clutter all around the house, makes me physically ill!  I will literally get a headache.

But, my room is my HAPPY CLUTTER, can't seem to keep that clean, weird but true!
I have a lot of weird hang ups, like:

I have to go to sleep with the television on...
I have to sleep with socks on my feet, even in summer, my feet are always cold
I like to sleep on a cold pillow, I will keep flipping it if it gets too warm
I eat a lot of sugar in my food....I know I am a diabetic waiting to happen, but I will put sugar in chili, spaghetti, grits, rice, oatmeal, sloppy joes....
I read a lot of celebrity gossip and watch a lot of bad reality tv  (like Flavor of love and Bad Girls club)
I don't like for anyone to read my magazines or books before I do...I know kinda a selfish but true...
I love getting mail....I check my mailbox like 20 times a day....not the bills though
I am a total mac geek now....I love my mac! I mean I am in love with it and Now I want everything mac related....I just ordered the Ipod touch....well It's my mother's day gift from Baptiste and I am putting more memory into the computer already....I love my mac.  I buy all the Mac Magazines....I love it!
I bird watch.... I love to get my binoculars and watch birds...i get this from my granny , who loved birds and when I was young I thought My grandmother was a total geek for doing this and now I do it....
I am a big kisser...I kiss my kids and Baptiste a hundred times a day...I am extremely affectionate....I also am big on hugging too!!!
I don't like just anyone touching my face, it unnerves me for some reason, I had a guy do this and I tried to twist his damned arm off!!
I hate doing my hair!  Its long and curly and tangled most of the time, and very thick and I just wash it and put setting lotion in and go.....
I have to talk to my mother every single day! Or I am lost....I love my mom and we are extremely close.
I don't have many female friends, I have a lot of male friends though and dh hates it.  I just don't click well with a lot of females....I don't like cattiness...and that is why I have 3 friends that are females.....LOL 

Well I have rambled on enough...
Tommorrow, I am going to show you some projects I have been working on.....

Until next time



6 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

I watched this show for the first time ever this past weekend....I have no idea why I got hooked on it but I was so upset to see the black girl in jail and all her room mates claiming they had no idea WHY she'd be mad at them!!!

Bonita Rose said...

all that trvling .. wow.. hubby and I won't be trvling much at all for the next five years.. I am so envious... lucky you!

hugs.. it was great chatting earlier today gf.. just awesome.

Creative Junkie said...

I was so glad Kristi won on DWTS - I really wanted a woman to win this year!

Sounds like you are going to have an incredibly busy year! I like your idea of having the kids write down 10 things and then choosing 1/2 of them. I think that's a great idea. I'm envious of all of your traveling!

Heather said...

Love your list of quirks. You are such a fun person! Hmmm, a list of places to visit. I think it might depress me because I may never get to any of them!

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

I must admit that The Bad Girls Club was a guilty pleasure for me too. I can't believe how Lyric turned on Tanesha and how they all let Tanesha spend a week in jail when she didn't do anything at all. It sounds like you have an amazing summer planned!

Veroncia Butler said...

I'm a Bad Girl fan too. tanesha was off the da chain, and I loved it. Sounds like you have a full summer ahead of you. I saw Memphis on your list. Just a warning, it's already int he 90s down here. So be ready for the heat.