Thursday, February 19, 2009

Self Portrait Thursday!


Like I said before I really don't like taking pictures of myself. If you have been a long time follower of my blog, you have noticed that you will see tons of pics of my family, but I was always missing! Don't get my wrong, I never thought I was an ugly duckling, I know that I am a beautiful person both inside and out, but I am hard on myself! If my hair is not perfect, if my smiles looks corny, if my eyes look funny, I will DELETE that picture off my camera. I think that is why I love DIGITAL CAMERAS so much! Don't like it.... Delete it! Voila! Problem solved. Don't you wish you could do that with life, if you have a problem, just delete it. That would be sweet! But anwway......

I have taken many pics and thought, Ugh, I look too fat, my double chin is exposed, my smile is goofy.... I always find a reason to delete my pics. Why?

Now, looking at this pic, my hair is a little messy, but its ok! Everything does not have to be perfect! But, it shows who I am. Even in this picture I look unsure of myself.....

I play in my hair when I am nervous! That is why I am grabbing the tips of my ends!
I am not looking straigtht into the camera...
It shows I am unsure...

Now everyone that I showed this pic too, finds nothing wrong...

But I can pick it a part in seconds...

I am trying to be more comfortable posting my pictures...
After all, who is this woman behind the blog....

I know I am not the only woman who does this..
But, it was an issue I needed to address in my life..
It's ok, to NOT BE PERFECT all the time...

I am going to do an album dedicated to me....
All about DAna, something I have put off for years...

When my kids and grandkids, and great grandkids read my scrapbooks, they will have known me inside and out...

A picture is worth 1,000 words, so I have heard. LOL
If you haven't already, devote a layout or two to yourself every once in awhile. Perhaps a whole album. What would you want people to know about you? What legacy do you want to leave behind????

I have already bought my album! I plan on working in it this weekend...

I am ashamed to say, I only have a few layouts that include me in my albums. Mostly all my kids and family! Sad isn't it?

If I died today....
What would I want my family to know?

I am excited about doing this album!
Scared too, because I don't like opening up and revealing myself...
and even more I HATE TAKING PICS OF MYSELF.....LOL

This should be interesting....

4 comments:

Heather said...

I do the same thing with pictures of myself. My favorite pictures of myself are the ones I take of my shadow! But I'm trying to be more kind to myself and I want Owen to have pictures of us when he is older. We have so few of my mom when we were kids. Mostly because she was behind the camera. And for the record you are beautiful just the way you are!!!

Monique said...

Girl you are not the only with self picture issues. I totally do and hate that. I know I'm fab but some days....

Make the album and leave a legacy.

Bonita Rose said...

Dana, this is one great idea.. I started a BOOK OF ME years ago.. and those layouts have grown since then.. they really have.. Now I have 3 american crafts 12x12 modern binder albums, 2 of which are FULL FULL of layouts all about me! it's important.. to tell not just the stories of ur family, but YOUR STORIES too.. let ppl know the real you.. so after ur gone.. your dear ones will look at the pages.. and know you just a bit more... big hugs I'm proud of you for doing this! loveya bonnierose

Bonita Rose said...

one more thing.. the pic u posted today... GORGEOUS.. believe it gf, belive it... u are stunning!