Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lazy day....

Do you know what I did today: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

Well, I take that back!  I did take Jaree to see the neurologist to get the results of her EEG.  

and.....


IT WAS NORMAL!!!  Thank God!!!  However, SHE DOES HAVE SLEEP APNEA!!!  

It was found that she stopped breathing or limited breathing every four minutes while sleeping.   Her oxygen saturation at one point dropped to the upper 70's which is NOT GOOD!!!

She has an appointment to see the ENT doctors on TOMMORROW!!!!!

We will find out if she needs to have her tonsils and adenoids out.  

Please pray for me, as I am not to keen on her having SURGERY.  I pray that there is some kind of other treatment.  I know they want to put her on a machine to keep her air ways  open, but I have heard that is MISERABLE....

I am at a loss...


This is the 4th opinion....  It has be unanimous that she has SLEEP APNEA.

Please keep Jaree in your Prayers, and pray for me to make the CORRECT decision.


As for the rest of my day....

I did the following:

Cried for a little while.... (well when your baby is sick...you know...)
made some good green tea
took a long afternoon nap
ichated with ADRIENNE, my sister from another Mother....LOL
chatted with my GOOD friend BonnieRose, we have SOOOO MUCH IN COMMON!
helped the kids with their homework...

watched tv.....

and the rest is history...
I ordered some quizno sandwiches for the night and WE WERE ALL GOOD!!!


Sometimes, it feels great to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....

KWIM?

Well, I am about to take a VERY LONG, HOT, SHOWER....and call it an early night....



Adrienne,   CHAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLENGE!!!! LOL

You know what tomorrow is .......OLD SCHOOL FRIDAY...

Until next time!!

4 comments:

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

I'm glad her EEG was normal. I have sleep apnea too! Has she had a sleep study??? If not ask her doc to send her for one, it's the only way to know for sure if she has sleep apnea.

toners said...

Glad the test came out normal. I've also been diagnosed with sleep apnea...the sleep study will have some definitive information if she hasn't had one done yet. There are lots of different options to try.

My 5 yo had his adenoids removed last year and did amazingly well - kiddos bounce back so much quicker than us adults do. Good luck! I know it's scary.

Bonita Rose said...

It was awesome chatting with u gf. I had so much fun, and ur right, we do have a ton in common, don't we? sssh.. don't tell anyone.. lol YEAH RIGHT.. like I told ya.. I gotta plan a trip to visit u.. u gotta admit, it wud be way fun! hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thank goodness the tests came back okay. The hot bath sounds nice. Ok, so I commented back on the 24th and asked you to extend your Beautiful challenge, but heard nothing, then you are saying that to Adrienne, so I'm out. Never mind on my request that you didn't see anyway, I guess. Can't fight City Hall, ya know? Thanks for the inspiration, I will finish in my own time...