Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Exhausted and Overwhelmed

As you probably know by now, I had out of town guests from Minnesota this week. I had 5 children and one adult stay in my home. Scratch that, I had 6 children and 1 adult, because my trifling sister in law, decided to send her child over too. He was here two days without a change of clothes. I was so mad! I thought that was completely inconsiterate. She knew we had a house full and guess she saw it as a babysitting free for all and sent her child along. I would never do this. She always puts her children off on someone else and that totally ticks me off. I keep my own children! My mom has to beg for them to come over. My children are my responsibility and no one else's. This was just the final straw for me....

Other than that, I had a great time! We went downtown, we went to the waterpark, we really had a a great time....

Then the fourth came around....I couldn't find my digi camera...still can't find it....so while I took pics, they were all film....so I was a little po'd about that! I got all of the children ready and we went to my mom's. I asked my mom if it would be okay, because I had 5 extra mouths with me....she said most definitely. I get there and we were not there 5 minutes before my dad starts yelling and screaming at Jonathan, one of the 13 year old's from Minnesota. He said "He was urinating, in a bush, All the kids said he didn't ...So he started ranting and raving, ran up and got in the little boys face, I was so embarrassed! My husband is such a docile man, I felt so bad for him....he was ready to go home and said he was not coming back next year....I felt like shit and I am not speaking to my dad, because he totally blew everything out of proportion.....

My husband took the kids paddle boating, to escape from my dad, then we all ate and went to the firework show. You could tell my husband was so uncomfortable. We came back to my mom's, lit some fireworks and came home. The Wiley's went home this morning. I am sure Jon, has a lot to tell his family. I wanted to strangle my dad yesterday. I am still mad about it.....Talk about male menopause...lol

Dana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your terrible holiday weekend. Family can be a trip, can't they!