Thursday, February 28, 2008

Almost at full throttle(disclaimer:it's a long post...LOL)

Guys,

I am almost back. I am still coughing. But, just a little! However, that cannot get in the way of a WOMAN ON A MISSION. What is my mission, you may ask? SHOPPING!!! For what? Organizational items for my scrap room. Today, I am going to go to two of my favorite places. 1. SuperTarget 2. Michaels and I cannot wait! Right now, dh is in Pharmacy class and he won't get home until later this afternoon. You better believe, I am going to bundle myself up and GO!

When I get something in my head, it's no STOPPING me.

Right now, I have baskets on the brain, white sharpies, red spray paint, and this:Bonnie you are such and enabler, I don't know if I will keep the lime green color or spray it red, my mom who is the interior decorator queen, said that I should keep it green, she said even though my theme is red, black, and white, hints of lime green and even turquoise and brown, would be make the room pop! LOL

She would know, her house looks like a museum! LOL
I don't even want to sit down! I feel like I am going to mess something up!

I am also on another mission, to buy every white pen on the market, paint pens, gels pen, opaques, metallics, you name it. I was wondering how I can dress up my stamps and older patterned papers and I loved the article by Jennifer McGuire!!!!

I love to write my journaling in white ink on colored cardstock....It looks so hot! I also like to outline images, but sometimes my uniball skips....

I want something a little more broad tipped and am so in search of that WHITE SHARPIE.

Michaels and Hobby Lobby are going to think I am a freaking mad woman!!!!!!!

Plus I love Target's "REal Simple" Office supply line, their post its, index cards, cute notebooks, I use a lot it in my scrapbooks, and I have altered a lot of their notebooks.

I have become the alter queen!!!! I think I love to alter things, more than scrapbook!!!! And that is really MAKING A STATEMENT, because I LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK.

I am about to venture out, and take a Jewelry class. I used to bead when I was a child, but that was simplistic, compared to beading now. You know why? I fell in love with this bracelet with these SPARKLY odd shaped crystals, and I could not see myself paying the price the lady wanted for it. I went to Michaels, and something caught my eye, the same crystals.....
WEre 14.99 and the same bracelet was hanging on display..... I mean they were identical. You wouldn't believe what the woman wanted for this bracelet that would have cost me at most 25 dollars to make myself. She was $235 for this bracelet and guess what? I contemplated buying it. I was so unique. So I am going to get some books and mags on beading and you guessed it, that is going to be my new crafty thing....


Lets see, to date, I scrapbook, mixed media artist, rubberstamp, paint, abstract art, draw, write poetry and short stories, crochet, decapouge, read, bake.......

Now I am going to start beading....

I always wanted to learn how to make jewelry anyways...

What are some other things I would like to do:
Learn to sew
Learn to knit
and relearn how to quilt ( I used to help my grandmother)


I get my craftiness from my maternal grandmother and my father:
My grandmother was a phenomenal seamstress, she did embroidery, she knit, she could crochet very well, I still have tons of her blankets, she would quilt all the time (mostly from our old clothes), and she was a BEAST IN THE KITCHEN, I get my baking skills from my grandmother ...

My dad is an ARTIST, period. His work is PHENOMENAL, he is really sitting on his talent. He can freehand draw like no other, his abstract art hangs on my walls of my house, and he does alot of work with yarn.....Boy does it give it detail. He is going to draw Sponge Bob on my boys wall, why do teenagers like spongebob is beyond me, and Jaree want's a unicorn. I cannot wait!!!! And I am going to get him to draw some stuff on the walls of my scraproom....

This blog has turned into a hodge podge of my random thoughts...

My mind is always racing and it never slows down...
I am always a day ahead of myself...

And when I get excited about something, there is NO STOPPING ME...

Well, it is almost 10AM and I have only gotten in the shower, I still need to check emails, fix breakfast for myself (aka coffee and danish), put on clothes (still in my bath robe and slippers), and clean my room and scraproom!

So that means, I am signing off the computer for now....

Until next time....

3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

oh my gosh, dana, i had so much to catch up on here:

1. yeah, lol, i like the b-word too,..
2. your beautiful album is gorgeous! good for u for doing it. the lady i was making one for and haven't finished yet - i saw her at my f-i-l's visitation and told her i was making her something so i have commited and hope that makes me finish it.
3. your dh is cute
4. hope you continue to feel better
5. i love my sharpie pen too but it gushes out too much sometimes, just sayin to keep a scratch paper close by and test before actually writing on your project.
6. thanks for the article on by jennifer mcguire, loved it

Lynn said...

Wheww... you are on fire today Dana! Watch out Super Target and Michaels! She is coming with a vengence. I hope you find everything you are looking for today. I love that lazy suzy, but I would have to change that color also.

I'm happy to hear that you are starting to feel better so I hope you didn't over do it today and have a relapse.

BTW---- caught the photo of your dh... all I can say is "hottie". So sorry I had to put that, lol That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the photo.

Keep us posted on how you are feeling. Can't wait to see what you picked up today.

Noelia said...

Hope you feel better soon girl.
I can't wait to see your scrap room all decked out with your new storage thingies. I'd love to do some jewelry making as well but I don't have the time to take another hobby lol! I'd like to learn how to sew though. I took a beginners class once and I really liked it but once I'm alone with my sewing machine at home, I think it hates me hehe. Good luck with your new little projects!