Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Well, I know you're a scrapbooker, but .....

what other hobbie or past times do you enjoy. I was just reading my good friend Adrienne's blog and I was just wondering how many of you have other hobbies beside's scrapbooking. I have many, many passions, don't like to call them hobbies, because I am very passionate about these things. One of my favorite things to do is BAKE. I can bake! I am best known for my brownies. I am not a Duncan Hines girl, I cook everything from scratch! I just love it! I am good at making all kinds of cakes, cookies, and brownies. I am not good at pies though, just not my thing, I will leave that to my mom and sister......LOL. I do all the baking for the holidays. The kids love me!

I, also love to WRITE! I always have a pen and a pad. I, journal on a regular basis. I love to write short stories and poetry! It's a form of expression! I have been this way since I was a child. I am also fond of the handwritten letter, we live in the email error, but I still will pick up a pen and pad, and write family and friends!

I, also LOVE TO CREATE. I am always drawing. My father is an artist. So for me, this is natural. I can draw quite well. But I do a lot of abstract art, some freehand, and I love to paint! I love getting my hands dirty!

I love to READ! Oh my goodness, I can get lost in a book! I have read many a books in just a few hours. Once I start, it's hard to put down. Some of my favorite authors are Stephen King, John Saul, Dean Koontz, Zane, Carl Weber,Vicki Turner, Shannon Holmes, Beverly Clearly, and Judy Blume....yes, I will read a childhood book every now and then......I also love poetry, Maya Angelou is my all time favorite poet. I am a lover of quotes, and have a journal full of my favorite quotes!

I love to DAnce. I am a very good dancer. My son is in awe everytime he see's me dance, becauase he thinks I am ANCIENT....lol I can do everything he does and better. I keep telling him, I dance professionally for many years, so there is not one dance move I can't learn. I am a fast learner. I love music!

I love Nature walks. I am big on nature. My grandmother was Native American, and she raised us all with a fond appreciation of NATURE. I love to bird watch, I love the smell of fresh air, fresh cut grass, I am a lover of trees, plants, and animals. My mom lives on the lake and one of my favorite things to do is go out in her back yard with a blanket and look at the world around me, taking it all in and just appreciating life.

I love BRATZ dolls......I think I play more than my daughter. I am a big kid. I also love to color those velvet posters and in coloring books. I love playing with my children!

I love to make jewelry, mostly beaded bracelets, necklaces, and earrrings. I am getting pretty good too! My daughter and I really enjoy beading!

Here's something I bet you did not know.......
I love to box and wrestle! My dad was a boxer and he taught me everything he know's. I have a speed bag in the garage and I go out and give it an occassional ass whooping now and then....LOL None of my cousins would dare mess with me growing up, because they knew it would be trouble. My dh tells me all the time, "you hit like a 250 lb man". My brother and I have always sparred with one another and it's great for losing weight. I love the fact that I can defend myself, there are so many crazy people in the world, it's good to know how to defend yourself in this day and age. Also, took Karate for 3 years.

I am also getting into decoupage, made some pretty neat earrings and vases so far! This is something my sister loves and she's teaching me.

I am going to try to learn to knit and sew, and I am definitely going to start quilting. I used to help my grandmother all the time. She loved to quilt and my mom still has a ton of my grandmother's quilts and they are gorgeous. She made me a quilt on my 10th birthday, using all of my favorite dresses that were too small, it was gorgeous, sadly when I was 23, we had a house fire and my favorite quilt was destroyed! I loved that quilt and that is one of the reasons I am going to start! I am getting a head start for my future grandchildren, somewhere is the FAR FUTURE......lol

What other passions do you have?
Don't be shy!!

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

wow Dana.. ur a woman with so many gifts,, wow good for you... me i don't do the whole baking/cooking thing.. but yes, I love to read, write, dance, and i love music too.. just like u.. hugs gf! Loved your post!

Anonymous said...

I have probably gone trough every hobby known to man and I have the left over supplies to prove it. The ones that have consistently stayed with my are paper crafting and photography. Right now, I am trying to finish up a few knitting projects before I lose interest again. Once it warms up, I usually lose interest in knitting.

Veroncia Butler said...

I love to dance too. I took ballet, jazz, tap, and modern for 10 years as a child. While I still love it, now I just live through Ava. She started classes this year. I also love photography. I have been the family photographer since I was about 12. I have come a long way in the last three from reading books. I just came back from from san Diego and took about 200 pics. When I went to pick them up, the guy behind the counter told me that he loves printing my pics, and that I really have a great eye. That totally made my day.