Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm sad today is DH's last day of vacation

I am so sad. Today is the last of my honey bunny's vacation. He has to report to work at 5:00am tommorrow morning. I am going to miss him soooo much. We had a blast! Today, we are just going to chill out. Never did get to Windy City and I am sorta upset, but dh promises me he will take me. So we will see. I would take myself, but hate driving downtown. Especially up North there isn't any parking. Still holding on to my birthday money for my CI purchases....lol

I was supposed to go to a crop from 2-8pm today. I may or may not go, because I haven't really prepared anything. I love to preplan before I go to a crop. Otherwise I bring tons of stuff and for me that is so counterproductive. KWIM?

On a sader note, My mom lost another brother today. My mom is devastated. Her older brother Clifton of Shaw, MS. He died today, and the funeral is going to be in Mississippi this Saturday. Don't know all the details just yet, but I plan to call my mom later today, she is on the phone with other siblings, talking about the arrangements as we speak. I am doing fine! I really didn't know my uncle well, but he was very nice the few times I did see him. Saw him often as a child, but only very few times in my teen and adult years. My uncle Clifton was an "outside child", my grandfather did a whoopsy and had another child by another woman, my grandmother accepted uncle Clifford and raised him as one of her own. So he was quite close to my mom and her other siblings. It's one of those hush-hush things in the family. Only found out in my teen years....


Went to my mom's yesterday for dinner. We watched Dawn Anna (so sad), the story of the mom who had a near fatal illness and she recovered only to have her oldest child killed in the Columbine School massacre. The kids then put on a talent show, they had my mom doing the lean wit it rock wit it. Wished I had my camcorder, she is too funny. The things that woman does for her grandchildren......

Still house hunting, We made an offer to a lady this weekend, if she accepts we will be putting a contract on our new home......so wish me luck. I really like it. I already claimed it in the name of the Lord, so it's mine. Their is power in the spoken word! So I already have taken ownership....lol

That's all folkes
Until next time...

Dana

5 comments:

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Dana, I'm sorry about your Uncle's passing. I hope you enjoy your last day with your DH. I will be praying that you get your house. Yes girl, you have to claim it in HIS name.

Anonymous said...

girl, I am so sorry to her about the death in your family, its good that you dh will be home soon to comfort you, I hope he gets home safely

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle's death! Girl and I hear ya on the house thing! We are doing the SAME thing!!!

Brown English Muffin said...

Sorry to hear of your uncles death....but don't you love kids...I am sure they took your families mind of things for a while with their show.

Bonita Rose said...

that house is yours.. amen to that Dana.. keep us posted! hugs