Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wonderful, glorious day today!

8 years ago at 2:14p.m, I gave birth to a not so HEALTHY 7lb 1 oz baby girl. Truth is we both had a hard time. I was in danger and so was she. Turns out I had some type of mass infection and they could not break my fever and Jaree was IN BIG TROUBLE. Unaware and completely out of the loop, I like any mother asked to hold my baby. Everyone kept trying to change the subject. Finally, my mom broke the new that Jaree was in Neonatal intensive care. I jumped up and demanded to see my baby. NO words could have prepared me for what I saw...there I saw the most BEAUTIFUL little life, her body was invaded with tubes an iv's everywhere. I immediately picked her up and talked to her, and she did something she hadn't done, for my mother, mil, or dh.... SHE OPENED HER EYES...her beautiful brown eyes. At that moment, we were CONNECTED....connected for an eternity. Our eyes met and I knew that my prayers had been answered. Jaree would overcome this OBSTACLE.

SHE DID!!!!!

Fast forward to today, she's everything I could ever want in a daughter...

She's beautiful, her smile, her cleft in her chin, her beautiful brown eyes, her curly brown hair, her cocoa butter skin...
She's full of life....
She's the best of myself and my husband
She's loving...
She's caring....
She's sensitive...
She's intuitive
She's intelligent
She's witty
She's funny...
She's got a sense of style...
She's a priss, (sometimes, whens she 's not fighting with the boys)
She's a very good reader
She's an awesome listner
She's a problem solver
She's generous
She's girly, like mommy
She's my shopping partner..
She's my beautician, my manicurist, my pedicurist, .....we love to do each other's hair and nails
She's my buddy...
She's adorable
Most of all She's MINE ALL MINE!!! My beautiful little girl.

I wished I could stop the clock, she's growing up so fast....
Before I know it she wil be combing the hair of her very own daughter's
Time goes by so fast
My mom felt the same way about me
She adores Jaree too!


Today I celebrate the Birth of my baby girl JAREE BRIELLE BROOKS!

i love you sweetheart!

Hope your day is as special as you are to me.

On that note....

Today, I will be spending time with my little princess. Nothing big, as her BIG BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION is Saturday, but we will definitely be cooking her favorite meal, favorite dessert, and watching her favorite movie!

Later taters

4 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

enjoy your most precious time with your baby girl....

Adrienne said...

Enjoy !!! Beautiful entry!

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

What a loving tribute to your baby! I was discussing this very thing with a coworker who's grandson was just born and is in NICU now. I told her that they often grow up to be extraordinary people because they are the most loving and gorgeous children inside and out! So is your baby girl! I think it's because they are truly blessed and touched by the hands of God due to all the prayers that go up for them.

Cindy Andrews said...

Praise God and enjoy your day, Dana! She's a beauty!