Saturday, September 23, 2006

Friends, how many us us have them?

Challenge: think about your friends. What is it about them that you like? admire? What draws you closer to them? What personality traits do they have that you admire?

Friends how many of us have them(Friends)
Friends the ones we can depend on (Friends)
Before we go any further (Friends)
This song by Whodini are all simple questions, but how many people can you call a friend. It is said, that if you only have one friend in a lifetime you are blessed. True Friends, Real Friends are hard to come by. I was blessed with some really good friends. My very best friend is a girl named Monica. Monica and I grew up together. We have be friends for 30 years and yes I am almost 32. She is some one I can depend on. Someone I can trust. Someone who can keep a secret. She is a real person! She doesn't bring any drama into my life. She isn't judgemental. She is there for me whenever I need her and me the same. We have never let anything or anyone get in between our relationship. She is someone who I need to talk to frequently. She is someone who is more like a sister than a friend. Her and I enjoy each others company. We hook up atleast once a month just for dinner or maybe drinks. Her life matters to me. She is considerate, caring, compassionate, and sharing. She is my God mother to my first born child. We have sat up all night and talked, laughed, cried. She is someone whom I can confide in and not worry about my information being divulged. I love her to no end! We will definitely be friends to the end.

My other friend is Tori. She is what I like to refer to as my RIDE OR DIE friend. She is down for whatever. Tori is my friend that has my back no matter what. I remember how we met, I was a freshman in high school and I was on my bus stop to go home. A group of girls decided they were going to try and jump me, because I was dating a boy one of them liked. I was out there fighting for my dear life and handling my own, and Tori jumped off the bus and started helping me. I didn't even know her and we gave it to those girls. It was 4 of them and two of us and we tore those girls up. From that they forward we were inseperable. Tori was my friend that i went on stakeouts to catch her boyfriend up with other girls.....I could only do that for a friend. Here we are on a 108th and Vernon in Chicago (not the best neighborhood), in the car,with the lights out, black hoodies, and a bag of cheetos, waiting for her boyfriend Paul, whom she suspects is cheating......LOL She was right and boy did we beat the heck out of him that night! Only a friend would do that ....lol
I am a reformed bad girl! Thanks to dh! LOL

I have many more girl friends, but Monica and Tori are the best! They compliment my life in so many ways and I love them to death!

Dana

3 comments:

Melissa said...

sounds like you have a great group of supportive, dependable friends :)

BTW-to answer you question, the flowers i posted on my blog where at Joann's in the $1 bins

Bonita Rose said...

loooove your post. ur blessed to have ppl like that in ur life Dana.. you really are.

Anonymous said...

It's a blessing when you have wonderful people in your life.