Friday, September 08, 2006

My comfort zone

Join us today/Friday if you blog. Challenge: What do you do when you are feeling down... to get your spirits lifted? exercise? music? friends? tv? reading?? what works for you??

When I am feeling down, alot of time I sit and write in my journal about my blessings, sometimes I write about how I am feeling. I love to write and it helps to alleviate the pressures that life sometime throw at you. Another thing I do is take a nice hot bath, with candles and all and put on soft music and that helps to chase the blues away. Snuggling with my hubby is also a blues chaser. When I am in his arms I feel so good and nothing else seems to matter. Another thing I do is pile all my kids in the bed and laugh and talk, watch a movie under the covers, I love my kids and just seeing their smiling faces makes every thing seem so small. Nature walking is another stress buster, just taking in fresh air and admiring what God has given me, makes me feel better too! Last but certainly not least, when i feeling bad I turn to the GREATEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN, and that is the Bible. I turn to God and pray for strenght, faith, and peace. The Lord has never forsakken me. I call on him when I am need! So , there is not one thing I do to chase the blues away, there is a multitude. Great challenge Bonnie and again thanks for the wonderful rak!!!

Dana

3 comments:

Sofia said...

Those sound like great mood lifters. A bubble bath sounds really nice right now. I might have to take one tonight. :-)

Bonita Rose said...

I am with you re the bible... The Lord is definitely a blues chaser for me too! I am like u, a nice hot bath, candles, nice music, time with hubby,. and yes... beingoutside.. all great answers!

Stephanie said...

Awesome list of things to chase the blues away!