Tuesday, September 19, 2006

If I could change anything in the world.....

I would eliminate any type of child abuse or child neglect. I love children. I have always loved children. How any body could knowingly and willfully hurt a child is baffling. Especially an infant. Children are innocent little angel's from God and they are precious. If I could annihilate anything this would be it. I love my children soooo much and can't imagine doing anything to hurt them. I can't imagine anyone else doing anything to hurt them.

A child's smile can light up the world. A child's laughter can make the world seem brighter. If possible I would end any negative impact big or small on any child's life. I would gladly lay my life down, for that of a child.

I also feel the same way about the elderly. I just can't see how anybody can hurt the young or the old. I am very passionate about this and that is why I majored in Psychology and Mental health. I had the pleasure of working with both young and old. I worked for the Rainbow Foundation for physically and sexually abused children. I also worked for Mercy Foundation for seniors. Everytime we got a new child in, it broke my heart. I must admit, I even contemplated hurting one of the father's who molested his 4 and 1/2 year old daughter. It's hard to take your personal feelings and place them to the side. It was very emotional for me. I also got a chance to see the disregard we have for our older generations. It's just sad.

So, in closing, if it was at all possible, to change anything it would be to save our children and elderly.

Dana

7 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

wonderful post Dana.. I feel the same way. Loved what you shared, hugs

Anonymous said...

what an awesome post - it means so much to hear these words thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Marcia said...

wow. awesome. Look - I'm so dumbstruck I can only answer with single words.

Great post, and I totally agree with you.

Anonymous said...

fantastic post! And I feel the same way.

Nancy said...

Great post! The children and elderly of the world need our love and protection, not our abuse.

Sofia said...

Great post. :-)

P.S. I finally got around to doing that tag. :-)

Lynn said...

Dana I'm right there with you. I have very strong feelings in that area also. What a wonderful post.