Monday, September 18, 2006

I am back!

I had a blast! I am going to post pics later. I went to Camp's Friedenswald in Cassapolis, Michigan to an ALL women's retreat. I went my mom, sister, and two aunts. We got there about 6pm on Friday, we left about 2pm on Sunday. The weather was wonderful. The food was delicious. However, the reason that I go every year is the MONUMENTAL amount of peace I feel whenever I go. I can go and just relax, free my mind all of worries, and just relax. One of the things I do, when I am there is walk down to the lake and just reflect on life. I just feel closer to God, whenever I am there. I can really feel his presence when I am there. Also, I love the fellowship. I am there with a wonderful and compassionate group of ladies young and old. It gets me totally out of my comfort zone.

I also, love being around my sister and my mom. We have so much fun together. There is no television or radio, so you are your own entertainment. My sister, My mom, and I usually laugh and talk all night. There are a group of ladies who scrapbook, and we get together and crop. I did not do any layouts, but I did however alter a lunch box and clipboard, will take pics and post that too!

On Saturday, we go into Shipshewana, IN (Amish Country) for shopping. We usually by cheese, Unkers(remedy for everything), scrapbook shopping, to the pie house, and other shops. One of the treats, is the Homemade Ice Cream, from the Amish! It is sooooo good. Just like how my grandma used to make!

Saturday night, we make a campfire, pop popcorn in those huge pots, and sing songs. Saturday night, we have a party, everyone brings a dish and this year the food was so great!

Sunday, we fellowship, and then we go home. I come home stress free with a new pep in my step. It's just a really refreshing time.... I came home and now we are house hunting. My landlord wants to sell his place, we were moving anyway, but not thinking about it so soon, so I will be moving. Iam hoping to stay in the area so that the children can all attend the same schools, but will update about that later.

Just wanted everyone to know I am home and I had a blast!

Caught this meme from Sunday and just wanted to answer:

How do you take your coffee/tea? with cream and lots of sugar
How do you like your eggs? scrambled with cheese
Favorite breakfast foods: breakfast ham, grits , hash browns, eggs
Coke or Pepsi? cherry coke
You're feeling lazy. What do you make?hot dogs and pork n beans
You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? sausage and cheese with Jalepeno peppers

You feel like cooking. What do you make? soul food
Do any foods bring back good memories? love turkey and dressing, reminds me of my grandma
Do any foods bring back bad memories? Peas my grandmother tried to force me to eat them once and told me I wouln't move from the dinner table until I ate them, well it was 10pm, before she realized it wasnt happening...lol
Do any foods remind you of someone? Blueberry pancakes reminds me of my great grandmother
Is there a food you refuse to eat?sushi and peas
sWhat was your favorite food as a child? MC Donalds
Is there a food you hated as a child but now love? shrimp
Is there a food you loved as a child but now hate? spaghettios
Favorite junk food: Krisy Kreme donuts
Favorite dessert: Apple pie ala mode and peach cobbler
The perfect nightcap? tea
Do you have any weird food habits? .Don't like my food to touch each other
Now that was fun!

Dana

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time!!!

justem said...

Sounds awesome! I want to see photos!!

Bonita Rose said...

sounds like u had such a magical time... good for you!