Friday, September 15, 2006

Simple pleasures

Challenge: I went to a junkmarket sale today.. see my blog below. What kind of simple things do you like to surround yourself with? and why? What 'ordinary' items in your life give you great comfort and/or joy? share on your blog....

Chammomile tea- Great on a stressful day, I just kick back have my self a cup of tea and mellow out

My journals- Whether I am reading and reflecting or actually writing and reflecting, my journals give me great comfort

Socks- I love cutesy socks and footies, just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

Stuffed animals-I openly admit that every now and again I will cuddle up with one of my big bears and love it up. It's usually when the kids are away.

Candles- OOOOH the joy of candles! It works wonders and offers great relaxation. Often times, I will light a candle and just inhale. take all of it in and meditate for awhile.

My fleece blankets- I love to have blankets around on a cold day and just snuggle on the couch and read a good book, watch a good movie, or share a good story....


Sweats- When I am kicking back around the house, I love my fleece sweats, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Last but not least, my bible! I can turn to it at any given time for comfort, faith, understanding, peace, and tranquillity.

Hope you enjoyed ....

Dana

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great list! I love fuzzy socks and journals. Add them together with a good cup of tea and you have a party for one!

Cheryl Wray said...

LOVE this post!! Those small little creature comforts that just make us HAPPY. I'd have to say a few of mine are candles, bubble bath, a mystery novel, and a good glass of Diet Dr. Pepper!
I definitely think I'm going to have steal this for my blog soon. I do a Random Tuesday where I ask people to list different things. I may have to do it for that. Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

love this list - those are awesome things to get comfort from!!

Sofia said...

Great list. Pssst I like to hug stuffed animals too when the cats aren't feeling snuggly. :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad we are now linked Dana. Love that slide show gadget you have.