Monday, November 13, 2006

Crazy, Crazy day....

I got up this morning very early to get the kids off to school as usual. I came downstairs to prepare a breakfast for myself , just fruit and juice and came to log on to the computer. I decided to hang out in the family room and not my room, so that I can hear the DHL delivery man, my son got a new IPOD for his birthday. Still isn't here. Wouldn't it be great for him to come at the same time he gets home from school. That would be the perfect timing. As I was cheking blogs, emails, and surfing the net, I heard a bubbling in the toilet. Went to go look to see what the heck was going on and it stopped. Thought I was losing it for a moment there....LOL So then, I heard some loud knocking in my laundry room as if something was coming thru the walls. Turns out we have a major blockage in our main line and my neighbor took it upon herself to hire a plumber, who obviously doesn't know what their doing, because Now I have raw sewage ALLLLLLL OVER MY FREAKING LAUNDRY ROOM. I am sooooooo mad! I went to knock on everyone's door to try and figure out what was going on and she told me that she knocked but no ONE ANSWERED. Which is total BS, because I have been down in the family room since 7:45am. I didn't want to snap, so I explained what was going on and she told me that she would inform the plumbers so that they can get someone out to clean it up.....I had to throw away most of the stuff in there. Mainly blankets and comforters, that my son put on the floor of the laundry room, because he was supposed to be washing them....I am so fed up with him too!

Woooooosaaaaaa!!! LOL But then, I finally calmed down and realized, there wasn't anything I can do and there wasn't any need for me to make myself upset...Then the doorbell rang and it was the mailman, with 4 priority boxes waiting for me. YOu know you are a in trouble, when the mailman asks you if you are running a business from home, because of all of the packages that he delivers. Had to chuckle. He is such a NICE man! Love Mike the mailman to death. I got a package from my girl Bonnie. Thanks for everything girl. Love the MM glitters they are to die for can't wait to play with those and thanks for the alphabet and flowers to go with! Did you get your package yet Bonnie?

Also got both of my Poppy Ink and Jenni Bowlin kits! Also, got my order from Justletme scrapbook. I ordered Maya road 4x4 chipboard album, only to get one in my November kit from JB, had to have those wax seals, a cute collage bird stamp from Tim Holtz, and some more 7 gypsies seal stamps (which I did not get yet, because 7 gypsies messed up MaryBeth's order), I order from Justletmescrapbook all the time. She is such a sweetie. So I got tons of stuff to keep me busy.

A bad day turned great! Now off to go play.....

Dana

7 comments:

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Sorry you had to deal with a flood in your laundry room. But, it sounds like you had a wonderful mail day!

justem said...

Okay you are like the queen of photography...let's see all the fun stuff you have! And I suppose if you were me you'd post the raw sewage, too...but you're much too refined for that!! ;)

Cheryl Wray said...

Yuck, we just had a major plumbing problem downstairs in our laundry room about two weeks ago! There is nothing more depressing than water oozing all over your den floor! I hope it all gets worked out!
But what about all those cool goodies you got in the mail?? I know they made you happy!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUCKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina said...

Eeeeew!! Oh man Dana - like you needed that!

However, it could have been worse! It could have been in your scrapspace!

And what a great mail day you've had to make up for it. Now go play and create, and let us see what you make with all those new toys!

Brown English Muffin said...

Raw sewage.....just the words alone sound nasty!!!!!!!

So yeah where are the pics photography queen...LOL.

I think I got too used to pics with nearly every entry!! LOL

Aimeslee Winans said...

not fun! hope you get it right again soon! one of our bathroom sinks' sewer line has broke and churtles up mud. we're lucky that we can just close it up til we save the $4K it's gonna take to tunnel under the house to fix it. i'm glad mine's not oozing. poor bebe.

aimesyhugs to you