Wednesday, November 15, 2006

We are starting to get in the Christmas spirt at the Brooks home

Yesterday, I had to go to Kmart, to get some things for Jaree and they had the Christmas music going.... Jaree and I took a stroll over by the decorations and boy were they beautiful. I was so mesmerized, we stood there unknowingly for 25 minutes.... Then Jaree showed be 5billion things she wanted from Christmas.....LOL Then we went home and drank hot chocolate and sang Christmas carols....

Christmas is the most wonderful time of year to me. It's more than a holiday to me. It's a feeling! I feel so goood. I am overjoyed. It is the most happy time of the year for me. Just the look from my children on Christmas morning, seeing them rip thru those presents, the smiles, the I love you mommy and daddy, the Santa thank you notes, baking, baking and more baking. The hustle and bustle. The smells of cinammon and nutmeg! I just love it! I cannot wait! I have already started some of my Christmas shopping! Not much, I really go on Black Friday....LOL The day after Thanksgiving sale.... I am one of those maniacs who are up at 4am, showered and ready to hit the stores.....LOL It is so exciting, because I am usually totally delirious from lack of sleep...and I always manage to do something totally crazy, to make everyone laugh. One year I decided that it would be smart to stack 4 boxes of filled with diapers to use as a ladder to get a REal Bake easy bake oven for Jaree, not only did I fall and bust my butt, I managed to take a shelf of easy bake ovens with me....Thank God, I didn't get hurt, but I was ULTRA embarrassed and my mom and sister are not the type of people you want with you when you do something silly.....THEY KEEP LAUGHING...and LAUGHING...and LAUGHING...will never do that again!

Just a note to let you guys know all is well with my family. All drama has been squashed within our family.....NOW THAT VANITA DRIVER.....is a DONE DEAL...NO DEAL....lol

DANA

9 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

I am so glad to hear that the family drama is over!! Yeah

So back to you and those diapers and the easy bake oven!! ROFLOL...where was the camera!!!!!!!!!

Bonita Rose said...

good to hear Dana.. enjoy this season.. it's the best, isn'tit?? and thks for your RAK.. I loved it all!
hugs,

Melissa said...

I LOVE LOVE Christmas too! and I totally agree-its a feeling, the atmosphere, ext.-its just amazing :)

I am one of those crazys that gets up at 4am and goes shoping through all the enormous lines and sales on Black Friday too. ;) my mom and grandma might go with me this year!

Gina said...

Yeah! Dana is back! Glad that's out of the way, and you are focusing on the good stuff - like Christmas and all the fun that brings.

So tell me here you'll be shopping next Friday. I want to be sure to wear my hard-hat! Lol.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I love Christmas!
It is so much more than a holiday to me...it is an entire season! I start separating stuff in november and planning colors and decorations. I miss being up in line at 4am...What is the must have toy this year?

Anonymous said...

Glad the family drama is over girl!!!!

Heather said...

You are braver than I am Dana! I can't go shopping on Black Friday. Too stressful!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

I am SO glad that the drama has rolled away from your family! I know that it's such a relief for you!!
I'm right there with you on Christmas. It IS the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Glad the domestic drama sibsided, but you can have the Black Friday shopping. I'm like Heather, it's too much trauma for me! LOL