Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Going to my mom's

I need a mommy fix! Yes, nothing like having your mommy around when you are feeling blue. I am a TOTAL Mama's girl. My mom and I are sooo close!!!! Can't wait! She is coming to pick the kids and I up and we are going to have dinner and watch the Awards. I love my mother so much and can't imagine life without her. We are sooo much alike. It is plain to see how much we look alike.....LOL I am often dubbed, her carbon copy....LOL

I had a really bad night last night! Just totally stressed and exhausted. I am hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and anemic, and I just worked to hard over this weekend, didn't get enough sleep, wasn't eating right and I passed out and scared the heck out of the kids and my dh. I just remember getting nauseous and going to the bathroom, and then I got a terrible migraine and the next thing I know my dh and kids were picking me up off of the floor. Jaree was totally horrified and demanded to sleep in my bed last night. Dh is super mad because I did not go to the hospital, but I already knew that it was just PLAIN EXHAUSTION. I was so tired that my body ached, and I could not fall asleep because I couldn't get comfortable. My body just shut down and said enough was enough and I passed out! Dh said it was for about 3 minutes, but I doubt that! Probably less than a minute if that. I went up stairs only to have all 3 of the kids hovering over me and my dh. Jaree cried and sang me songs, she was soooo scared. I felt so bad for her....Didn't want her to get too upset and then have a seizure. So, I assured her I was FINE. She didn't even want to go to school today! Today I feel MUCH BETTER. My body is still achey, but the headache and nauseau is gone! Thank you!

Dh called my mom and now she is going to be watching me like a freaking hawk for days now...
She is so demanding and she made me call with her on the phone to make an appointment with my doctor. I told her I would call and she said "no, call right now". She wrote the day down and is going to personally take me. Helllooooooo, MOM, I am 32 years old. Not 2!!! LOL My mom is so protective of her children. She sent the ambulance to my brother's house, once because he did not go to the hospital! Turns out he had a acute prostrate infection. I guess mother knows best huh?

My sister is also coming over with her children and she is like a second mother to me, there are 12 years between us and she is very bossy too! I think they may even gang up on me and try to make me go, but I am going to make sure I look and act WELL!!!! LOL

Hate the doctors.....LOL

Well, I will be gone for most of the evening, but I will be posting later. Dana

7 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! I know what you mean about needing "Mom Time." I know it will be a great time!!
Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

You got to take care of yourself, Dana. Not just for yourself but for your family. You would have scared the pee out of me if you did that around me. Have a safe Thanksgiving!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, you could get this treatment more often, girlfriend, just faint a few more times, LOL. JOKING! Totally, joking, because I also have hypoglycemia and your description of what happens is perfect. Remember I could have had you at 18, so I'm old, but in my 20's when I was burning that candle, I passed out in line at Luby's (almost made it to the roast beef, lolol), and then once in line at Kmart.

You are really lucky. My family just tells me to lie down and then eventually someone comes and asks me if I need anything. Dangit! ;-)

xoxo

Bonita Rose said...

u take care of yourself Dana.
I am glad you are ok!
Kick back and relax.... take some time for you. you are worth it, gf... hugs

Anonymous said...

Have a great time...I need a mommy fix also but the flights don't cooperate so close to Thanksgiving/Christmas and New Years...Loved the cheerleading photos...My daughter would kill to do that!

justem said...

That is scary Dana. I agree with Jamillah...you need to take care of yourself!!!

And by the way...you do have such a nice looking family ;)

Brown English Muffin said...

OMG I don't even know you that well and I am livid at you as well....

why did you do so much and get yourself like that!!! You're not superwoman you know....(well maybe you are) but superwoman had to take care of herself to stay looking that good you know!!

my husband gets low blood sugar and gets really mean...

Please take care of yourself!!