Thursday, March 23, 2006

Beauty of Books





Beautiful Books. 1. What is the most beautiful book you own? 2. In what way is it beautiful? Is it the illustrations, the binding, a combination of these, or something else? 3. How often do you look at it, browse through it, read it?

One of the most beautiful books I own, besides the bible is a book called Soul Catcher: A journal to help you become who you really are. The book is very beautiful. It's very whimsical, Flavia inspired if you will. The illustrations inside the book are gorgeous. It is a total must have. The book is spiral bound. I love the combinations of colors. I was drawn by this book. I first heard of this book after reading an issue of O Magazine. I went over to Borders and bought the book. Once I saw the book I was in awe. The book is so beautifully made.

It has totally helped me in my journaling. I journal a lot and I must say I always go back to this book for reference. It helps you to dig deep inside of yourself. It also has some wonderful quotes inside. I love quotes. I am always writing them down in a notebook.

The book is by Kathy and Amy Eldon. Most of the art work was done by Michelle Barnes. It is a total must-have. It has a new age feel and I would recommend to anyone who is working to improve their journaling styles.


Dana

2 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

I have never heard of it.. I will have to keep my eyes open for this one! thks for sharing

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

I will have to look for this book. Thanks for the recommendation!