Saturday, March 04, 2006

What's so funny???


BLOG CHALLENGE: ***List 10 things or more.. that almost always make you laugh.****

Laughter is really the best medicine and I find myself laughing a lot, at myself, at my children, my family, and at life in general. My mom always calls me the 'GOOFBALL' of the family, but I am a lot like my mom, we are the LIFE OF THE PARTY...

Here are a few things that make me laugh:

1. My son JARIEL'S laughter, its infectious....he has the craziest sounding laugh I have ever heard and it makes me snicker

2. Talking to my cousin Cherrone on the phone, I don't know why but we can't get two words out without laughing hysterically, the kinda a laughter that makes you catch a cramp and brings tears to your eyes....

3. My son Jacques imitating Madea...he can do it so well. I fall out in the floor every single time.

4. Watching my daughter TRY to dance. Keyword TRY. She does not have bit of rhythm...she dances to the words and not the beat a guess...

5. My husband...he always has something silly to say, even when I am mad as hell at him, he always does something STUPID to make me laugh

6. My kitten beating the hell out my dog....She takes Goldie by the neck with her front paws flips him on his back, and just kicks the heck out of him with her front and back paws on his head, the dog just lays there with legs in the air kicking....lol

7. Mike Epps....no matter what movie he plays in he cracks me up. Loved him as Day-Day on both Next Friday and Friday after next...

8. Watching my cousin Pam and her boyfriend of 9 years Chucky argue. They are truly my entertainment. I swear Chucky gets thrown out of the house every weekend....clothes and all...

9. The movie Life....I don't think I have ever laughed as hard, but that's what happens when you team up Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence.

10. The funniest thing ever, was when we took my grandmother to my cousin Sherie's funeral. She had Alzheimer's disease and had a substantial amount of memory loss by then. My mother sat up front, because it was her first cousin, and my siblings and I were supposed to take care of Granny. That's not exactly how it went down. You see, my sister and brother thought they were being slick and found a pew, where only two people could fit and made me sit with GRANNY. She kept looking at Sherie and saying "How old was she" (in southern drawl, because my grandmother was from Mississippi).....I told her who she was and she kept on saying "Um um um"....2 seconds later she asked me " Who was she", again I told her who she was and that she needed to be quiet because we were at a funeral. She looked at me again and said " Who was she" I told her.....she stood and said "Oh lord, that's my cousin (actually her niece, she was my cousin, but anyway), she's dead, who killed her". I apologized and calmed her down. She turned to me and said " Who is that?" I told her again. She then asked me "Should I be be crying and bursted out crying so loud, I had to take her outside. Everyone in the sanctuary was cracking up, my brother and sister were laughing at me, if we weren't in church I would have flicked them both off. The whole entire funeral, she kept asking me the same questions over and over and my cousin Tonya was not making it any easier for me to maintain my composure, because she kept snickering. I did get the ultimate revenge on my sister and brother, I stuck Granny with them at the repasse. I went in back and help to prepare the food. So they had to help GRANNY eat.....what fun! We sit and reminisce about this incident and we laugh and cry everytime...

Dana

1 comment:

Michelle W. said...

ROFL!!!

Michelle