Thursday, March 23, 2006

Two sick kids

Boy did I hit the jackpot!

I got not one but two sick kids at home. Well, my son Jari, is not really sick, but needs to go to the doctor for an x-ray, I suspect he may have broken his thumb playing basketball yesterday. He was in alot of pain, and the thumb is very swollen. I am going to take him to the doctor and just make sure he's alright.

My daughter has a horrible cough and is complaining that her throat hurts. This is the child that NEVER needs to get sick. Any fever and it throws her into seizures. I have been chasing down tylenol and motrin all night. She did have a few tremors, but I am hoping that she does not have a full blown seizure. I am trying to get her off medication by next year and one of the stipulations is she cannot have a seizure in the yearly period. Or they start the year over from the date of the seizure. So I am sitting on pins and needles right now.

We are supposed to go out to dinner for my sil's birthday, but I don't think we can being that both kids are out of commission so to speak.

Never a dull moment in the Brooks household.

dana

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

Prayers going up right now for your little ones. Godspeed. All well in no time.

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Dana I hope your little ones get well soon. I pray that your daughter will be seizure free for a year. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your family's way.

Adrienne said...

Praying for your daughter!!!! Hope she does NOT have a seizure!!!!