Monday, March 20, 2006

Collections

Collector by nature!
Ever since I can remember, I have always collected something. When I was a child it was unicorns, rocks, stationary, porcelain dolls, stickers, I can remember getting my allowance on Fridays and heading to Chicago Ridge Mall on Saturday, because they had a huge store that sold stickers. I remember blowing my whole allowance on scratch and sniff stickers and Garbage Pail kids (do you remember those), I could hardly wait to get home, so that I could spend hours putting my stickers into my album. Everyone would marvel at how awesome my sticker album was. I was so proud!Fast forward to now, I am 31 years old and still collecting some things that carried over from childhood...Like Teddy Bears mostly plush, I am a Boyd bears fanatic, have been since I was about 9 years old. My aunt Josie bought me Sophie, a boyd's bear with a pink crocheted dress, with matching booties and bonnet, she also bought me a calendar, and diary. Little did I know that it would turn into a way of life with me. I tried to get my daughter into Boyds, which she loves but she is far more interested in Hello Kitty, right now.I love teddy bears, they are displayed all over my house. Mostly in my bedroom. Somethings never fade...I also collect writing pens. When I was teen, I always got cool and interesting pens. Fast foward to today, I am the same way. I love, love, ,love writing pens. I live in office max and Target. I also, have a good relationship with my children's pediatrician, who always give me the neat pens from the pharmeceutical companies. Once, my dad said " Why do you need all of those pens, you can't write with all of them" My dad was oblivious. He hadn't a clue. I spent hours in my room sampling each and every pen. I love to write. Writers need pens. Comprende.I also collect things that are purple, purple candles, purple picture frames, mostly decor for my bedroom which in Deep Purple and Mint Green. Every time I see something any shade of purple, I have to buy it. Its an obssesion.I guess you can say I collect bath and body works products... I Have to have everything that comes out. i am so into the breathe line right now. The orange one is the best! I love to smell pretty! My mom taught me that catch phrase when I was about 4....I also collect journals, I love to write and I have a journal for just about everything, and I can never pass up a cute or interesting looking journal. I love to write!Of course, I collect scrapbooking supplies, that would be obvious! I am a scrapper, it goes hand and hand...lolDana

5 comments:

B said...

You sound like me.... I don't collect "items" persay - but I have alot of obsessions. I have a pen fetish, a journal fetish, a sock fetish (funky socks)..... LOL!!!

Michelle W. said...

I completely relate. I get so much things it's nuts. Orinaments, photo frames, stationery stuff, tea set, hair acccesories, earrings, papers, etc. It all stop when I spent all my money at scrapbooking stuff, since I don't have anymore money left to buy more stuff. lol

Michelle

Bonita Rose said...

love what you shared... I do collect journals too.. can never have too many of those! Hugs, and welcome back! I missed yoU!

Adrienne said...

Great entry! I collect SHOES and perfume! LOL...not to mention shades and purses...then I also collect SB supplies! LOL

Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Gosh Dana! We have so much in common. I love pens also! I could spend hours in a office supply store. I love paper and stationery too, that's how I ventured into scrapbooking I think. The more unique, the better. I also love bath and body products. So, anytime you find any good bath and body product finds, please enable me! LOL! After all, us DIVAS have to smeel good. I collect keychains, shoes, and purses! I have a bad fetish for purses though! My Mom always teases me and says that it doesn't even matter to you if you have no money to carry in the purse, as long as you have a purse. I love earrings too. Recently developed a thing for watches. My fourteen year old brother always asks me why I need so many watches, when I only have two wrists.